On 2014, the TV stations and the TV manufacturers will be going digital earlier before December 31, 2015.
- ABS-CBN started its test broadcast using European Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial or DVB-T.
- GMA Network plans to test the DVB-H standard for mobile phones on channel 27.
- The National Telecommunications Commission plans to replace the DVB-T standard.
- GEMNET started its test broadcast using the Japanese ISDB-T standard on channel 49.
- National Broadcasting Network (now, People's Television Network) started its test broadcast using the Japanese ISDB-T standard on channel 48 and they started to test its Emergency Warning System feature.
- On June 11, the Natioonal Communications Commission officially adopted the Japanese Integrated Services Digtial Broadcasting-Terrestrial or ISDB-T
- ABS-CBN starts its test broadcaast using the Brazilian version of ISDB-T on channel 43 but it is encrypted so it will work only on ABS-CBN's TV+ set-top-box.
- TV5 started its test broadcast using the Philippine version of ISDB-T on channel 42.
- GMA opposes ISDB-T and they try to promote the European DVB-T2. As a result, the NTC reviews that standard.
- GMA Network started to test broadcast using the Philippine version of ISDB-T on channel 27 but they are no longer promoting DVB-T2.
- The NTC officially adopts ISDB-T.
Additional DTV Information Edit
For more DTV news, please visit the DTV Pilipinas
Additional DTV resources: