| NOW LOOK WHAT THEY DONE! This page may contains hoaxes and it requires cleanup. |
Please edit this article and remove some hoaxes.
Aksyon (lit. Action) is the longest-running flagship news program broadcast by TV5 in the Philippines. It is currently anchored by Luchi Cruz-Valdes and Erwin Tulfo, with special segments hosted by MJ Marfori, Chiqui Roa-Puno, and Lourd de Veyra. The program is broadcast Weeknights at 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (PST).  The newscast is simulcasted on AksyonTV and on radio thru 92.3 News FM in Mega Manila, and its provincial radio stations based in Baguio, Cebu and Davao. It is also aired internationally via Kapatid TV5 and AksyonTV International. It has been the longest running Filipino evening primetime newscast after its inception on April 5, 2010.
About the showEdit
The newscast is based on News5's slogan "Higit sa Balita, Impormasyon at Kaganapan, Aksyon." which literally means "Beyond the news, information, and events, Action."
Aksyon premiered on April 5, 2010 at 9:00 pm with Cheryl Cosim and Paolo Bediones as its first anchors. The news program used a touch screen television called "Aksyon Board". It is also the first local newscast to report via Live-Pack in contrast to the OB Vans used by its competitors. There is also a round-up news update called Aksyon Ngayon anchored by Dindo Flora, Cristina Lazo, and former Tambayan 101.9 DJ Reggie Valdez.
On October 25, 2010, Erwin Tulfo of the police-report-and-public-service-segment Aksyon Metro joined the newscast and their time slot was moved from 9:30 pm to 5:45 pm. The same day, the newscast also introduced a new augmented virtuality set and OBB.
On November 8, 2010, the newscast began its simulcast on the newly-launched 92.3 News FM.
On February 17, 2011, Paolo Bediones left the newscast for Aksyon JournalisMO, leaving Cosim and Tulfo as the main anchors, with Shawn Yao (showbiz and weather) and Makata Tawanan (Makata's Super Bidyo) as segment anchors. The newscast was also given new graphics and new virtual background while starting its simulcast on AksyonTV on February 21, 2011.
On June 6, 2011, the newscast added a news desk while updating their graphics and title card. Makata's Super Bidyo, a video features segment, was reformatted with its new name Makatang Gala''' (The Stray Poet), where Makata Tawanan goes on streets to bring information to its viewers.
On July 25, 2011, Lourd de Veyra joined the newscast, hosting his weather-and-trivia-segment Weather or Not.
On February 6, 2012, Aksyon divided into two parts, Metro Aksyon, focuses to police reports around Metro Manila, and Rodolfo Jun Sabayton hosted "Anong Problema Mo", and the remaining 30 minutes is tne national and other news.
On February 20, 2012, Aksyon modified its news desk and updating its graphics and title card.
On January 7, 2013, Aksyon reexpand its time again to 45 minutes, from 6:00 pm to 6:45 pm. It has a new segment called " Happy News ".
On January 26, 2013, Aksyon returned its Saturdays edition. It airs from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
On April 5, 2013, to celebrate Aksyon's 3rd anniversary, Aksyon reformatted their graphics and introduced a new logo and new opening titles (featuring the Aksyon of the past and the present).
On June 2013, the newscast stopped the simulcast on AksyonTV to give way the primetime sports programming of AksyonTV.
On October 14, 2013, along with the launch of News5's primetime block KBO: Karunungan, Balita, Opinyon, Aksyon updated its newsdesk, graphics and title cards.
On March 2014, the newscast has new two segments first is the Caught In Aksyon, its about the issues are accidents, violations and wrongful activities caught on CCTV Cameras. Second is Makatarungan Ba?, its about the issues that one or more individuals has a violations in a law, it will explained and anchored by Atty. Mel Sta. Maria.
On July 21, 2014, Aksyon branding on its newscasts: begining with Aksyon sa Umaga (5:00-7:00 am, replacing Good Morning Ser), Aksyon sa Tanghali (12:00-12:30 pm), the reformatted flagship Aksyon Prime (6:00-7:00 pm) and Aksyon Tonite (10:00-10:30 pm, replacing Pilipinas News).
Aksyon's weekend edition, then called as Aksyon Weekend, premiered on April 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm. Co-anchoring the weekend edition were Cherie Mercado, Jove Francisco and Martin Andanar, all final anchors of Aksyon's predecessor, TEN: The Evening News. Mercado, being pregnant when the weekend edition first aired, she was replaced by Amelyn Veloso, Naomi Dayrit, and then Maricel Halili, when she was the permanent replacement for Mercado. The weekend edition was moved to late nights on October 10, 2010 to make way for the pilot episodes of Willing Willie. Being absent on his last five weeks, Andanar was pulled out of the newscast to anchor the late-night newscast Aksyon JournalisMO on October 24, 2010.
On October 30, 2010, Andanar was replaced on Aksyon's weekend edition by his co-host on the weekday morning program Sapul sa Singko, Atty. Mike Templo. He joined Halili and Francisco, who remained in the weekend newscast although he was also assigned to the late night newscast. The weekend edition was split into Aksyon Sabado and Aksyon Linggo.
On August 5, 2012, Aksyon Sabado/Linggo made its final broadcast to give way to Pilipinas News weekend edition on August 11, 2012 until July 13, 2014.
On January 26, 2013, the weekend edition returned on air. But this time, it is now being anchored by Raffy Tulfo and Grace Lee. And it is being aired on Saturdays only because of the weekend edition of Pilipinas News which is aired every Saturday and Sunday around midnight. Tulfo has a new segment called "Itimbre Mo, Tol!". The final episode aired on July 12, 2014.
Since July 18, 2011, Aksyon regional versions are broadcast on all TV5 owned and operated and affiliate stations nationwide and it pre-empted by T3: Enforced. All regional versions air every noontime.
- Aksyon Ilocos (TV5 Channel 2 Laoag and TV5 Channel 4 Vigan)
- Aksyon Amianan (TV5 Channel 28 Baguio, Dagupan, Mountain Province, San Fernando, La Union and Tarlac)
- Aksyon Palawan (TV5 Channel 2 Puerto Princesa, Palawan)
- Aksyon Pampanga (TV5 Channel 40 Pampanga)
- Aksyon Bicol (TV5 Channel 5 Naga, TV5 Channel 6 Legaspi and Sorsogon)
- Aksyon Ibanag (TV5 Channel 25 Isabela and Tuguegarao)
- Aksyon Katalugan (TV5 Channel 44 Batangas)
- Aksyon Bisaya (TV5 Channel 21 Cebu)
- Aksyon Ilonggo (TV5 Channel 36 Iloilo)
- Aksyon Negros (TV5 Channel 32 Bacolod)
- Aksyon Waray (TV5 Channel 4 Tacloban)
- Aksyon Chavacano (TV5 Channel 11 Zamboanga)
- Aksyon Kagayanon (TV5 Channel 21 Cagayan De Oro)
- Aksyon Caraga (TV5 Channel 13 Butuan, TV5 Channel 8 Tandag, Surigao del Sur and TV5 Channel 10 San Francisco, Agusan del Sur)
- Aksyon Dabaw (TV5 Channel 2 Davao)
- Aksyon Socsksargen (TV5 Channel 12 General Santos)
- Aksyon Western Mindanao (TV5 Channel 11 Pagadian and Dipolog)
Hourly news bulletinsEdit
Aksyon has hourly news bulletin spin-offs on television and radio. These are:
- Aksyon Alert (formerly Aksyon Ngayon), the hourly news bulletin of TV5 airing every day with several anchors in different hours.
- Aksyon Breaking, AksyonTV's top-of-the-hour news update. It airs the latest news on the hour, with the day's headlines presented before the end of the newscast. After the newscast, global and Asia-Pacific weather conditions are displayed.
- Aksyon Weather, the hourly weather bulletin of AksyonTV airing every day in several hours. It is named after the previous weather segment of the early evening newscast. It is also the name of the weather segment of other newscasts aired on TV5 and AksyonTV, except for CNN Konek, Aksyon, Good Morning Club and Andar ng mga Balita. Foreign exchange rates are displayed right after the closing billboard.
- Aksyon News Update, the radio news bulletin of Radyo5 92.3 News FM airing every 30 minutes of every day. Aside from latest news, this radio news bulletin also airs reports from Radyo5 News Team. News FM airs Aksyon News Alert interrupting an ongoing program when a developing story breaks instead of Aksyon News Update.
- Luchi Cruz-Valdes (2014-present)
- Erwin Tulfo (2010-present)
- Lourd de Veyra - Weather or Not anchor (2011-present)
- MJ Marfori - Celebrity Aksyon anchor (2014-present)
- Chiqui Roa-Puno - Aksyon Sports anchor (2014-present)
Aksyon sa UmagaEdit
- Martin Andanar (2014-present) (2010, weekend editon anchor; currently as a relief anchor for Tulfo)
- Grace Lee (2014-present) (2013-2014, Saturday edition anchor)
- Lourd de Veyra (2014-present)
- Jun Sabayton (2014-present)
- Manu Sandejas (2014-present; Weather and Traffic segment reporter)
- Mon Gualvez (2014-present; Mobile 5 segment reporter)
Aksyon sa Tanghali Edit
- Raffy Tulfo (2014-present) (2013-2014, Saturday edition anchor)
- Cherie Mercado (2014-present) (2010, weekend edtiion anchor)
- Atty. Mel Sta. Maria (May "K" Ka segment host; 2014-present)
- Edinel Calario (Healing Galing segment host; 2014-present)
- Marga Vargas (Weather and Showbiz segment host; 2014-present)
Aksyon Tonite Edit
- Cheryl Cosim (2014-present) (2010-2014, weekday primetime edition anchor)
- Jove Francisco (2014-present; "Aksyon Pulitika" segment host)
- Lia Cruz (2014-present; Weather and Sports segment host)
- Shawn Yao (2014-present; Presinto 5 segment host)
- Ina Zara (2014-present; Health segment host)
- Danton Remoto (2014-present; Remoto Control segment host)
Former anchors Edit
- Paolo Bediones (2010-2011, weekday primetime edition anchor) (July 21-August 29, 2014, Aksyon Tonite anchor)
- Paloma Esmeria (2010, Showbiz Aksyon anchor)
- Mike Templo (2010-2012)
- Maricel Halili (2010-2012)
Aksyon Alert/Breaking edition Edit
- Marlene Alcaide
- Fritzie Cabial
- Naomi Dayrit
- Gary de Leon
- Gerard dela Pe?a
- Jove Francisco
- Mon Gualvez
- Maricel Halili
- Cristina Lazo
- Carla Lim
- Maeanne Los Ba?os
- Twink Macaraig
- Patricia Mangune
- Roices Naguit
- Renz Ongkiko
- Michelle Orosa-Ople
- Trish Roque
- Seph Ubalde
- Shawn Yao
- Ina Zara
Aksyon Weather edition Edit
- Lia Cruz
- Ice Martinez
- France Noguera
- Manu Sandejas
- Claudine Trillo
- Seph Ubalde
- Marga Vargas
- Shawn Yao
- AksyonTV - the country's first 24/7 news and general-entertainment channel in Filipino language on free television named after the title of the TV5's flagship newscast.
- Aksyon JournalisMO
- Pilipinas News
- List of programs broadcast by TV5
- List of programs broadcast by AksyonTV
- Program Site
- Template: Facebook user (under the user name news5aksyon)
- Template: Twitter (under the user name news5aksyon)
- Template: Instagram (under the user name news5aksyon)